Thursday, February 9, 2012

Imitation: Not Flattering.

Hey all.

Ugh. Seriously.

I have been reading a ton of articles and blog posts about how to address this...but I'll just come out and say it: I've been copied. Imitated. And...I'm not flattered.

This isn't the first time, but it is the most annoying time. So, I spent a while thinking about how I would address this.

I decided against public shaming [darnet] but I'm still annoyed. So I just made a vague poster. Deal with it.

It also made me think about my own practices on this blog. I try to post resources as I go, but I need to make a better effort to credit those who have helped me, inspired me, and generally made my [blogging] life easier with their resources.

I realize I need to do a little back peddling on this. So I'm going to post some of my absolute favorite resources and spaces for inspiration. I'm going to try to do a resource list at the end of every post.
  • There's always my Pinterest. I store many of my future projects here. I will do a better job resourcing back to the original blog, not the pin.
  • The Lost Type Co-Op has great FUN fonts/typefaces. Including the great Ribbon font on today's project. Thank you!
  • Pugly Pixel has amazing tutorials for creating great computer-based design projects. It has especially helped me with learning how t use Photoshop better.
  • Budget Bytes. I know I've mentioned it before. This is a great spot for recipes.
Those are my big four. I also follow a handful of blogs that you can see on the right side of my page.




No comments:

Post a Comment