Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pumpkin is my Favorite Flavor

It's no secret. I love pumpkin. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin soup. Pumpkin candy. Pumpkin bread.

We had pumpkin cake for our wedding.

It's just the perfect squishy baking/cooking ingredient. It's a well-known fact that if you add pumpkin to any recipe, it will taste amazing. It's science.

I found this amazingly easy recipe for pumpkin muffins on food.com that uses a box of spice cake mix, a can o heaven [pumpkin], and water. Uh, got it. [BTW, proof that pumpkin makes things like nasty boxed spice cake mix amahzing.]

Another great thing about this lil ol recipe? 97 calories per muffin. Yup.

Here's what it looked like in my crazy kitchen:

The ingredients.
Thanks, Kitchenaid. You have made my
baking life so awesome. 
Thanks, ice cream scoop.
You have made my muffins perfect lil drops. 
I baked them in a 325 oven for 20ish minutes.
They turned out amazing. 
Here's the recipe if you need it:

A box of spice cake mix (I used a 16 oz box)
A 15 oz can of pumpkin (plain kind, no cheater pumpkin pie variety)
1ish cups of water

Mix it all together, but not too much. Just the right amount.

Put it inside a greased muffin tin. I don't like using those silly paper things with muffins. They are way prettier as blobs.

325 oven, 20ish minutes. Just watch it until it looks nice, and you stick something pointy in the middle and it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment