Monday, May 7, 2012

Word to your mother.

In case you live under a rock, Mother's Day is this weekend.

Tonight, I worked on my batch of Mother's Day gifts (I'll show ya Sunday.)

Instead of spoiling the surprise, I thought I'd show you a batch of DIY Momma's day inspiration for you wait-until-the-very-last-minute-ers.

Candles are super easy, especially if you have a ton of half-burned candles around. Gather a bunch of candles, take a trip to Goodwill, and make your mother her very own personalized teacup candle!

A really good tutorial here. 
I think I may have showed this tutorial before, but it's a goody. Find an awesome mug, and personalize a design for your momma! (In this tutorial, she uses a gold sharpie--I'm a little wary about how long this will last. I highly recommend investing in a good porcelain pen--easily found at any craft store.) 

Another good tutorial here.
I'm slowly trying to learn how to sew. [And by 'slowly trying to learn' I mean I have thought about teaching myself to sew. I have yet to touch a sewing machine...] But this gift is straight up my alley. Bright linen fabric + metallic fabric paint = crazy awesome Mother's Day gift.

Beautiful tutorial right here.
Finally, you gotta make your mom breakfast [or, if you don't live near, you must find someone to make her breakfast.] Found this awesome idea for the perfect Mommy's Day Brunch.

Darnet, Martha. You think of everything.
You're making it hard to hate you. 

So what are you doing for your momma [or special lady that's just like your momma]?






No comments:

Post a Comment