Thursday, May 17, 2012

The final push.

I am in full-fledged house-mode. This is partially forced, because the floors are being replaced in the next two weeks before we move in...

The bathrooms are in pretty sorry shape. I'll show you a before picture when construction starts...you'll giggle.

But here's what I have planned for the guest bathroom. I'd love to hear your input! Seriously! Especially if you have ideas to make it better/easier!

[Floor]

I discovered over the last week that I LOVE tile. Probably has to do with patterns...

I've been debating over different types of penny or octagonal tile. Colored, or white...

But, I'm semi set on this mustard penny tile [I'll explain why when I get to the vanity + paint + trim discussion.]


And, let's be honest--we are on a super budget for this bathrooms--but spending money in the right places. I want to invest in the tile, but get a vanity that works, with intentions of upgrading in the next 5 years as needed. That's when I found this awesome white vanity at Home Depot for $199. 

It's simple, easy and has an awesome shape to it. It also does not have granite on the top. I'll get into a discussion about why I hate granite later [tomorrow?]

Then, what's a vanity without an awesome faucet? Look at this beauty:

Chicka Chicka- YEAH!
I love this faucet--and it runs for about $130. Yes!

Now, my favorite part--PAINT! I am a paint picker outer expert. Ask anyone--or my mom. 

For the paint, I need something clean, fresh, and compliments the mustard tile well while offsetting the white vanity. Got it?

Yup, got it.
Now, this gray will be from this awesome piece of trim:

To this little chair rail:

Painted White
Then the top layer of the wall will be painted this beauty:

That's right. Whitey white. 

Now--since I'm so picky, I haven't found perfect hardware accessories yet (towel bars, toilet paper holder, bathroom mirror, etc.) So if you have good resources, tell me!



And after that... just leaves one more thing...

Apparently the toilets in the house are 'illegal.'
This one looks good...enough. 





No comments:

Post a Comment