Saturday, May 19, 2012

Why does everything cost money?

Everything in my life right now seems to be extremely expensive. Maybe this is just something you go through when you buy something 3 times your annual gross salary.

Ugh!

As I shared earlier this week, we will be unexpectedly remodeling two bathrooms upon moving in to our home. Yipee? [I know I'm supposed to be excited about this, but the dollar signs are adding up...]

The bathrooms in our house were obviously all the rage in 1975.

Built in cabinet vanity, giant medicine cabinet, illegal toilet--you know the type.

So, we decided to gut the whole thing [minus the tub] and start over.

But--the vanity has really been on my mind--especially for the guest bath. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on this bathroom [yet] but I want it to look nice.

Just as I thought that I wouldn't be able to get away with a nice vanity for under $500--I found this awesome tutorial on one of my new favorite blogs: Young House Love.




Full tutorial, here

This, I could do.

So I immediately started scouring the web for fun sinks and end tables.

Like this sink:

On Overstock.com for $160. 


And..I'm planning to do some serious thrifting for a dresser/end table/changing table that would make the perfect vanity. 

Goal is to remodel both bathrooms for under $1000 each. 

Wish us luck... 




No comments:

Post a Comment