Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dedication Sunday

Ben and I's church, St. Andrew, celebrated a HUGE milestone this past weekend; the dedication of the newly built west-wing of the church.

For those at our wedding, you can kind of remember where we came from:

Like that nice giant tarp over our beautiful organ.

Or the fact that three days before the wedding
there were 34 leaks in the ceiling dripping on the pews.

Thank God, it was sunny on October 15.
Photo courtesy of Blake James Photography & Katy Weaver Photography
Or there were these...

You haven't had a wedding, until you have one without indoor plumbing.
Photo courtesy of Tom Reese (I think?)
Well, we made it through construction and now have a beautiful, LEAK FREE, facility. I am so FREAKIN' excited to see how we can use this space to better our community.

Check out an awesome video tour of the finished facility:


I was lucky enough to be asked to create artwork for Dedication Sunday (our celebration and thanksgiving of the new space.)

Here's what I came up with:

We also needed a way to thank the volunteers that made the new addition possible. It's incredible how many volunteer hours were put into planning the building, construction, planting (including planting an entire wetland slope) and finishing the space.

So, I created a mug design that used our logo (which I had to recreate, somehow we lost the file along the way.) Sticking with our commitment to be environmentally sustainable, everyone ins encouraged to use their mugs during the coffee hour at church!


I am so happy that our church has finished this project and now we can start opening the space up to the community. 

I'm especially proud of the countless hours my dad spent leading the planning team for the building. He [and his team] have been working on this project for over 10 years. Incredible to see it complete. 



No comments:

Post a Comment