Friday, May 25, 2012

Check this girl out!

[Before you start reading this post, turn up your sound, and play this: Beards, Fixed-Gears, and You ]

I think it's an unwritten [or constantly written] rule that you should never start anything with an apology, because then it implicates you are doing something wrong.

So I'm not going to apologize, I'll make an excuse. I haven't been around a good computer all week, thus it's been hard to update you on my blog posts--but they're all there. I'll do a big round-up tomorrow so you can get updated on my life the last week.

Ben and I are extremely exhausted. I'm pretty sure we had a little mini fight today about 'who stood up faster' when trying to get on the plane...

Yeah, didn't make much sense then, either. 

Needless to say, we were in desparate need of an attitude adjustment--and boy did we get it.


Fiddle + Guitar/Mandolin + Upright Bass = Crazy Delicious.
You've heard me talk about her before, but Emily Otteson is one of the most talented people I have ever met in my life. Please check her out here.  I have no idea how she is not crazy famous right now.

She has the most beautiful original soulful/folk voice and is always accompanied by crazy talented artists. [A couple months ago, I saw her perform 'Everybody wants to be a cat' with the upright bass--without ever rehearsing it. It was crazy amazing.]

Go here to listen to a couple of her songs. Or, if the song you so obediently started playing at the beginning of this post is over, start playing this one--prob one of my favorite songs she sings: Foshizzle Fool I Quit Smoking ]  


Not only is this girl talented, but she is one of the nicest most genuine people you will ever meet. She even picked us up today from the train station on a moments notice.

She has an amazing opportunity on the other coast for the next year, and we are so happy for her--but will be equally happy when she comes back to Portland.

Seriously, check her out. Buy her CD (it's currently on constant repeat in my car.) Tell your friends.

We'll miss you Emily! 


4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous voice! I don't have a Facebook anymore so it's hard to search around her page too much, but I love her. Is she on iTunes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not on iTunes--yet. I'll keep you posted if she shows up there. I found her website this morning, http://emilyottesonmusic.com/, where you can buy her CD and see her upcoming news. It's crazy though, because her recordings do not do her justice. She has the most amazing live presence in her concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea the tears pouring down the side of my cheeks right now. You see, I know this girl. I know how she loves others. I watch every day how she goes to the sides, and needs with a joy that makes the rest of us question our own lives. To read this, and see that others see in her the same way her mother sees her blesses my heart. Lauren, you have no idea how this blesses me. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all more than true. And honestly, I could have gone on forever about what an amazing person she is. Can't wait for her to be back, she has big plans waiting for her!

    ReplyDelete