Monday, May 14, 2012

Bene-drilled

I'm still in a total benedryl induced fog. If you're wondering why, read here. 

Unfortunately, today I don't have any fun stories--except for my foot that looks like baby softball is growing out of it.

This weather is awesome, it was a perfect 90 in Portland today.

Meaning, it was ripe for grilling!

Since I can't show you what I'm working on, I'll give you my recipe for a perfect smoked salmon:

So, biologically speaking, this was a Steelhead [trout fam.]
Not a salmon. But, still technically a 'threatened' species--thus, great for eatin'.

Step One: Get an awesome cut of salmon--preferably wild, and super fatty.
Step Two: Have your parents (or rich friends) buy a Traeger grill
Step Three: Light up the grill, then set it to smoke.
Step Four: get a big pyrex and put your fishy in it. Rub it with some good olive oil. Then, rub it with some dijon mustard. Then, rub it with a little bit of honey.
Step Five: Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
Step Six: Slap the salmon on the grill, skin down.
Step Seven: Wait for 2ish hours. Preferably with some sort of fizzy beverage and a lawn chair.
Step Eight: Look at it, isn't it perfect? Now, eat it.

It's that easy! I'm sure there are other ways to smoke fish, but the Traeger seriously made it so easy.

Ben even called it 'one of the best pieces of salmon of his life.' He doesn't throw titles like that out ferr-nothin'.






No comments:

Post a Comment