Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wee!!

I can hardly contain my excitement. We're days [not weeks, not months] away from being homeowners. I've had an absolutely kick-ass week at work [yeah!] Ben's got some majorly good stuff going on with his life. And, I get to buy tile this weekend. Wee!!

With all that excitement, I also get to help my best bud, Emilie, with her latest documentary.

I don't want to give too many details, but she is doing a documentary on printed books & bookstores. Hopefully I can share the doc. with you when it' finished.

She asked me [really nicely] to help her out on the graphics front. I don't want to share everything, because I'm not done. But, I took a note from how dramatic book covers are:

Picture from Amazon. Don't click on it, you can't look inside. 

Dramatic, right?

So here's my starting point for the titles. The color isn't perfect on here, so ignore it. Also, you can kind of see the little boxes around the edges--that's for different screen sizes. [Screenshot from Photoshop.]



Since I can't show you any finished products tonight, I'll share my other obsession--picking out stuff for the house. Next space needing major renovation: the deck.

The deck is literally falling apart at the seams, and needs to be replaced ASAP. This is kind of a bummer, because Ben and I love spending time outside--especially entertaining buddies.  Here's some ideas I have:

Ignore the shower part, definitely don't need that.
I love the idea of having little seating areas built in to the deck. This is a perfect reading spot. Here.
I also want to built in an outdoor seating area that can be covered in the winter
for outdoor seating year round. Here.
We are also going to need an awesome outdoor fireplace. Here

Finally, one thing we are totally sold on, is adding a folding door replacing the old sliding door.

Yeah. So awesome. So, so awesome. 
Awesome, right? Can't wait to show you our progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment